Search This Blog

Saturday 1 June 2013

Shimmer Flowers

Cutting file "12 posies" by Kolette Hall via Silhouette's online  store
Last weekend I created a card set to accompany one of the boxes I made. I had used Recollections' "Everyday Moments" paper pack (from Michaels) for the box, so I used paper from the same pack along with basic white card stock from Staples for the cards. 
I created the embellishments using a cut file I purchased from Silhouette's online store. The file is called "12 posies", and it was created by Kolette Hall.

 
Embossing done with Cuttlebug's Paper Lace 2 folder
What I really wanted to use to add texture to this card was a damask pattern, but it turns out I do not have such a folder! In the end, I wound up using  Cuttlebug's Paper Lace 2 embossing folder. 

The shimmer is not easy to capture with a camera, but I think you can see it on the photo at the bottom of the page. I used Ranger's Perfect   Pearls mist in Pearl to give this set a shimmery effect.

Shimmer - Ranger's Perfect Pearls Mist (Pearl)

2 comments: