Search This Blog

Saturday 30 March 2013

A Note of Thanks

This is my first ever print-and-cut project. I created a digital print image with a cut shape surrounding it using my Studio design program. The Studio program sends the file to the printer first, where it prints the image as well as three registration marks. When the image completed printing, I placed the page on my mat.

Square (top right) and upside-down L (top left)
are two of the registration marks. The third is
out of sight on the bottom left-hand side of the page.
Aligned and ready to begin cutting











The Silhouette Cameo reads the registration marks on my page, and lines up the cut file from the Studio program with the printed image on the page. I followed the same process in order to create a second image for the card front. In the end I wound up with a beautiful Thank-you card with perfectly aligned print-and-cut images.

Thanks!








No comments:

Post a Comment